HTAA Primary and Secondary Units and ‘How to teach History!’ at https://www.achistoryunits.edu.au/home/website-home.html
Museum of Australian Democracy quality units, interactive activities and much, much more https://www.moadoph.gov.au/
High quality P-6 units of work mapped to the Australian Curriculum provided by the AIS of WA, Maree Whiteley and HTAV for all teachers nationally https://www.historyinthemaking.ais.wa.edu.au/
National Museum of Australia
- The Defining Moments digital time capsule with over 154 easy to use resources for primary and secondary teachers and students http://www.nma.gov.au/defining-moments/defining-moments-timeline
- turning points in Australian History dynamic sketch videos by Australian Historian David Hunt http://www.nma.gov.au/defining-moments/explore-defining-moments?from=0
- Gold Rush Game students choose a person & learn by living on the gold fields http://www.nma.gov.au/learn/classroom-resources/gold-rush-game
Teachers can also contact the ACT HTA Secretary via the ‘Contact’ section of this site and we can email teachers flyer for the National Museum: Defining Moments Digital Classroom Project so you help us by field testing our latest HASS resources (units, lessons, projects & games) for years 3 to 12.
ANU and NMA Australian Journey resource videos and kit: http://www.nma.gov.au/education/resources/activities/australian-journey
Department of Veterans’ Affairs Education ‘The ANZAC Portal’ https://anzacportal.dva.gov.au/
Virtual War Memorial Australia http://www.vwma.org.au
Schools Program and student and teacher resources https://firstname.lastname@example.org
Lawless Learning Adventures high quality units and innovative ways to teach in interactive and gamified approaches https://lawlesslearning.com/free/learningadventures/
The Rabaul and Montevideo Maru Group of the Papua New Guinea Association of Australia (PNGAA):
- Commenced a Project for Australian high schools involving over 150 history teachers designing teaching materials and videos
- All resources including video Some Came Home : POWs & civilian internees interviewed about wartime experiences https://www.memorial.org.au/Education/index.htm
- The teaching document has been prepared by Karen McPherson, a member of the ACT HTA, and Patrick email email@example.com
The Australian National Maritime Museum’s Voyager Game (fun-interactive-highly educational!) https://www.anmm.gov.au/discover/apps-and-games/voyage-game
The National Film and Sound Archive’s Education Resources section packed with many Aussie media resources for primary & secondary! https://www.nfsa.gov.au/learning/educational-resources
The Canberra Archaeological Society is eager to collaborate with local ACT and regional NSW schools after very successful pilot programs – bring your fieldwork and primary source lessons come to life! https://www.canberraarchaeologicalsociety.com.au/ and email Duncan.Wright@anu.edu.au
…what else have you created or found you have permission to share with us???
Go to the ‘Contact’ tab at front of our site and email the ACT HTA Secretary your resource ‘gold mines’!