The Hilary Brettell Scholarship, in honour of our late esteemed colleague and past President of the ACT HTA, financially supports early career educators who wish to attend the annual National History Conference.
The scholarship also includes free individual membership for the year, with the expectation that the recipient/s continue to support the ACT HTA the following year. Recipients of the Hilary Bretell Scholarship will be required to share their learning either through presenting at a Teach-Meet or an ACT HTA Meeting.
In 2023, as the HTAA National Conference was held locally we had 8 Hillary Bretell Scholarships recipients.
- Oscar Jolly, Melrose High School
- Pearl Harbour, Campbell High School
- Beth Van Der Kolk, Melba Copland Secondary School
- Mary Clare Woodforde, Wanniassa School
- Marina Leko, Kingsford Smith School
- Andrew Grimmett, Amaroo School
- Natasha Davies, Radford College
- Alyssa Markmann, Merici College
The recipient of the 2022 Hillary Bretell Scholarship was Libby Whitbread-Bourne (Amaroo School).