Collection of Non-personal information
We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browsers you use or the website from which you linked to our website. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on this web site.
Information and procedures regarding cookie handling are provided by the respective browser’s documentation within the browser itself by clicking on ‘help’ and performing a web search on ‘cookies’.
Links to other websites
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where this is required by law or insofar as third parties process this data on behalf of Google. Google will never associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You may refuse the installation of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser; however please note that if you do so you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
By using this website you consent to the processing by Google of data relating to you in the manner and for the purposes mentioned above. As a user of this website you hereby acknowledge that the operator of this website, their vicarious agents, their representatives, associated companies, chief executives, managerial staff, employees and their shareholders accept no liability in connection with the obtaining, transmission, processing and analysis of the above-mentioned data for which reason no claims for compensation can be asserted against these natural persons and legal entities.
Our Commitments to Our Members:
- We will not sell or provide your membership application or participation data or information to third parties without permission
- The ACT HTA as an Professional Association, and each member of the Executive and Association will always declare as soon as possible any –
- Personal or professional conflicts of interest (including potential for perceived conflicts)
- Relationships with commercial businesses which directly or indirectly connect to the ACT HTA
- Concerns regarding breeches of privacy, conflicts of interest, or commercial influence which does not benefit the Association as a Professional Organisation, or group of hard working volunteers
- The ACT Treasurer, and any member of the Executive or Association required to act on their behalf during leave etc, will only access and use the HTA Banking systems (currently with Commonwealth Bank of Australia) in order to –
- Confirm membership payment (and/or renewal)
- Confirm HTA event payments made as required
- Provide essential information to the HTA Secretary, President, Vice-President and approved Leaders of Working Groups in order to conduct operations as approved at meetings
- Confirm accurate discounts and credits as required (for Journal subscriptions, refunds of catering etc) as Minuted at Meetings and Out of Session Meetings
- Does not actively collect data or information from members or web site visitors unless we specific ask as part of a targeted survey designed to serve our membership and community in the teaching of history*
- We have formally requested from our 2018 web site creator and administrative support that passive data collected and/or held in the site, is expunged regularly to prevent hacking or cyber-attacks (identified risk for NGOs and all sites)
- We have formally consulted with our NGO web site administrators and Executive Teams and identified that in addition to the above, sites which collect member’s and/or visitor’s dates of births, puts all parties most at risk – the ACT HTA membership applications do not request this, or other, personal information (confirmed with web designer)
- We communicate very clearly when we are collecting information for surveys, ensure that only select members of the HTA Executive and Working Group have access*
- When we design surveys, in addition to the security of the survey processes, we also de-identify results in order to understand and analyse patterns, trends, changes and ideas (not individual members, schools or community stakeholders)*
- The ACT HTA Secretary, Treasurer, Vice President and President have created a secure internal google drive excel in 2017 as a trial
- This excel* was for the purpose of trailing a Master ACT HTA List of current and past members, in order to efficiently and accurately manage which members:
- Are pre-service teachers, are primary/high school or college, community partners
- received Journals each quarter
- received discounts on HTA events
- received our internal newsletters and exclusive events information
- past members on leave or retired
- have lapsed memberships, in order to be reminded
- coordinate events (ie. payments from Treasury to update venue and catering needs live)
- “ * “ indicates that if, for whatever reason, a member records on their HTA Application, application update, or details for any event, that they wish key information to be confidential, the HTA Executive will ensure that within their scope and abilities, they will
- Members of the LGBTQI+ (also referred to as ‘the Rainbow Community’) are also welcome to apply for membership, and/or to support the ACT HTA, and to specific their identity, and which gender or non-gender pronouns they prefer – these will be used by members of the HTA as a sign of respect
- The ACT HTA recognises that no web site, or banking systems, can be guaranteed 100% secure in all ways at all times, but the Association Executive and appointed Working Group Leaders and Members will always –
- Be transparent in working, speaking and acting in the best interests of the ACT HTA in all dealings (direct and indirect)
- Inform at least 2 members of the Executive of any breeches or suspected breeches in privacy or security as soon as possible, and convene a meeting of the Executive to 1. Examine the exact nature and extend of the breech(es), and 2. Analyse the legal, ethical and helpful next steps to resolve the breech and inform affected members as well as the Association
- Work to support the Association and all members if there is an issue
- The ACT HTA Executive and membership of 2018 voted at the meeting on x to add to our new 2018 web site the main page statement in bold –
It is a working document we will review as needed, and at least annually.”
Changes to this policy
We welcome advice, expertise and help from suitable, willing members of the community to continually improve this working document and philosophy of protection of all our members, and our Association’s reputation as a trusted, professional group of passionate, dedicated volunteers.